Salmon farming has changed considerably over the years. The nets in current production are larger, deeper and heavier than ever before, and they are tested by an increased range of physical challenges than in the past. In line with increased load, stricter standards for inspections, maintenance and servicing of nets have also been implemented. In addition, operational practices including the need for frequent cleaning and handling of the net for sea lice treatment means more wear on the cage net than previously.
Our main goal in developing this new netting has been to develop a superior environmentally friendly netting that can withstand high frequency net washing, is resistant to marine fouling and has better abrasion and tensile strength than traditional netting.
We are proud to introduce our new product incorporating these unique features, Aqualine ULTIMA-SG. This netting is another step towards greater sustainability and more environmentally friendly farming.
has been tested under extreme conditions and demonstrates excellent tensile strength and wear resistance. Third party testing verifies the superior strength of Aqualine ULTIMA-SG.
Aqualine ULTIMA-SG features:
- Ability to withstand high frequency net cleaning
- No antifouling treatment required - better for the environment
- Excellent anti-UV degradation properties resulting in long life and low service costs
- Reduced risk of fish escape - due to the netting’s excellent tensile strength and wear resistance
- Less drag resistance resulting in less deformation and billowing of the cage net
- Design for good sink capability
- Better water flow than traditional netting - providing an optimal environment within the cage net
Aqualine ULTIMA SG
can be supplied in all types of cage net design, both single and double knotted.
Picture; Installation of Aqualine ULTIMA-SG net at Marine Harvest Scotland