Double net systems are not new to the aquaculture industry, however the key issue has always been in maintaining adequate separation between the predator and the fish net - and maintaining sufficient tensioning on all nets, even in most challenging environmental conditions.
Aqualine through its global network is very in-tune with the seal predation issue and has worked extremely hard in developing and supplying a predator net solution that works - the Midgard Predator Net solution.
Aqualine’s approach to identifying the Midgard® Predator Net solution was based on 5 key principles:
- The cage, predator and fish nets, and sinker ring, designed as one integrated cage system (strength is paramount)
- The solution needed to work in even the most challenging environmental conditions
- The solution had be fully adaptable and with capacity for customisation to suit site specifics
- Prior to installation all design functionality needed to be verified by computerised simulation and analysis
- Complimentary operational systems required to ensure simplified handling and control of the inner fish net
Movie of the Midgard® Predator system