Advantages of sinker tubes:
reduce point loading on nets
- give full control during lining up
- minimum risk of propeller damage to nets
- stable net volume, even under extreme conditions
open mesh ensures good through-flow and less growth.
'constant' cylindrical net volume means fewer injuries and stress
a sinker tube makes delousing using sealed tarpaulins easier in large net cages
- easy washing using brushes/high-pressure washes or divers
- net drying without significant changes to net shape
Aqualine has long experience of supplying and servicing sinker tubes. A sinker tube helps prevent the shape and thus the net volume from changing in locations subject to many storms.
They are designed to make net handling easier.
Bottom rings are raised gradually, using a winch mounted on a boat or the floating collar. Growth can then be removed while the fish remain almost undisturbed in the lower area.
Delousing can also be performed safely and in a controlled manner, thanks to being able to maintain full control of the net volume.
Bottom ring weight varies from 15–140 kg per metre. Local conditions govern sinker tube weight required